Wednesday, June 9, 2010

some of the shoes I loved designing

Cleo one of my first designs. My mom found the fabric, its upholstery fabric so it really durable. I just love the colours and the beads compliment the shoe so well.
Victoria...she was a labour of love. I hand embroidered the flowers and I think it took me 3 days to do both shoes. I did the embroidery after the shoe was lasted so it was very difficult to handle. But I do love her dearly she has a very romantic delicate feel.
Raffia love...another labour of love. The shoe was actually meant to be just plain raffia with leather cap, back and binding but I just couldn't help myself. I started off by just weaving some of the pink raffia through the upper but then I found some off cut silvery pink leather and had to add it. this took me about a day to do. I just love the pink and the brown colours together.
Jules, named after one of my very good friends, Julia. This shoe is inspired partly by the classic Ferragamo flat with the grosgrain bow and Ferragamo buckle and a Roger Vivier shoe I saw in a book. The plain pump with the elegant simple buckle is so classic.
www.rogervivier.com
http://images.teamsugar.com/files/users/0/3987/44_2007/Ferragamo.preview.jpg

Chanel floral. I love raffia because you can get it in such vibrant colours. I just cant resist it. I really enjoyed doing the hand work on these.

No comments:

Post a Comment