Monday, August 30, 2010

Maybe its got something to do with spring

The sun is shining where clouds have been
maybe its something to do with spring.
I feel no older than seventeen,
maybe its something to do with spring.

A feeling I cant express
a sort of lilt in the air
a lyrical loveliness seems everywhere

the spring is here dear
oh dear oh dear dear
cant you see the simply agonising sheen on every angry little tree
you must admit that its rather fun
to think that every single thing that nature ever does is rather over done
you see exactly what I mean it all looks far to clean
a badly painted scene,
the grass is far to green

Perhaps its something we have missed
I never could of been a sentimentalist
still there is something in the atmosphere
a sort of something near that makes me happy here

the sun is shining where the clouds have been
I feel no older than seventeen
maybe its something to do with spring
a feeling I cant express a sort of lilt in the air
a lyrical loveliness that seems everywhere

The spleeped expression is quite obscene
maybe its got something to do with spring.
Noel Coward

No comments:

Post a Comment